Protected landscape area Polana hills Tour
Tour: Protected landscape area Polana hills
Those who feel like wandering in the mountain landscape should visit the biggest Slovak volcano - the stratovolcano Polana and the contiguous mountain range Veporske mountains.
There are not only hundreds of kilometres of marked hiking footpaths and a number of natural landmarks but also tourist service intended both for a current and extra demanding clientele.
The choice is wide. It includes the 23 metres tall waterfall Bystre, origin of which dates to time when Polana was very restless. There is also one of the oldest Nature Reserves in the territory of Slovakia - NR of Dobrocsky prales - example of an intact virgin forest.
Those who are interested in something more exciting there is a cyclist circle marked around Polana. It is 127 km long circle - use of mountain bikes is recommended. There is a possibility to overnight on the route in tourist hostels or in private houses. Mountaineering routes are available at the most beautiful rock faces in Slovakia - at Kalamarka above the village Detva.
- meeting with a guide at 8 AM in Banska Bystrica city centre
- car transfer to the Polana UNESCO biosphere reserve
- Museum of Slovak folk culture in Detva
- evening return
Meeting point: Banska Bystrica town, pick up from other places on request (surroundings of Banska Bystrica) for extra charge.
Duration: 8 hours
Price from: 2-3 persons 75 EUR/person, 4-5 persons 45 EUR/person, 6-8 persons 40 EUR/person
Included: Trip transport by private car, services of a private English speaking guide for the entire trip who is your interpreter and driver.
Excluded: Meals, drinks, admission fees
TOURS IN SLOVAKIA
- Slovakia Heritage Tour
- Wooden Churches Tour
- Slovak UNESCO Heritage Tour
- National Parks Tour
- Sheep Breeding Country Tour
- Hiking Tours
- Trekking Tours
- Cycling & Mountain Bike Tours
- Horse-riding Tours
- Bird Watching Tours
- High Tatras Mountains Tours
- Self-guided Walking Tours
CENTRAL EUROPE TRIPS
- Grand Tour of Czechoslovakia
- Slovakia & Prague Tour
- Central Europe Tour
- Tour from Vienna to Krakow
- Tour from Budapest to Krakow
- Jewish Heritage Tour
PRIVATE DAY TOURS
- One Day Slovakia Tours
- Zvolen town and medieval Pusty castle
- UNESCO - Hronsek village and Banska Stiavnica town
- Protected landscape area Polana hills
- National park of Low Tatras mountains
- Mining history in the central Slovakia
- In the footsteps of Slovak folk culture
- High Tatras mountains one day break