Tour: UNESCO - Hronsek village and Banska Stiavnica town
During this tour you will have an opportunity to visit one of the most beautiful town in Slovakia and unique wooden church built without any nail.
Both sites are inscribed in the World Cultural Heritage UNESCO list.
- meeting with a guide in Banska Bystrica city centre at 9 AM
- car transfer to Hronsek village and visit the Evangelical wooden church inscribed in the UNESCO list
- arrival to Banska Stiavnica town, estimated arrival time 11 AM
- walking sightseeing in Banska Stiavnica UNESCO town
- surrounding of Banska Stiavnica town (Calvary, technical monuments, open air museum)
- evening return to Banska Bystrica
Hronsek – articled church was included in 2008, along with seven wooden churches of the Slovak part of Carpathian Mountain Area, on the UNESCO Word Heritage List. The wooden articled church from 1726 is set in the wonderful environment of big lime trees. There are 1,100 chairs in this church. Its organ was fitted in 1764. Four bulky lime trees stand in its yard. Fine wooden belfry from 1726 stands nearby.
Banska Stiavnica town lies amid the forests of the Stiavnicke mountains and is included on the List of the UNESCO World Heritage List. The former mining town Banska Stiavnica (population 10,900) is one of the most beautiful and in historical terms one of the most interesting towns in Slovakia. Silver ore prevailed among the mined metals and Banská Štiavnica won the attribute of “silver town”.
Meeting point: Banska Bystrica town, pick up from other places on request (surroundings of Banska Bystrica) for extra charge.
Duration: 8 hours
Price: on request
Included: Trip transport by private car, services of a private English speaking guide for the entire trip who is your interpreter and driver.
Excluded: Meals, drinks, admission fees
Availability: All year