Travel Blog about SlovakiaTravel tips for Slovakia
The remoteness of Liptovska Teplicka village from its hilly surroundings has made it a place where unique folk customs, crafts, and traditional folklore have been preserved to this day in the village. Among the attractions in the community, and besides the all wooden houses, are cellars for storing potatoes and vegetables pear-shaped pits.
Stodoliste in Liptovska Teplicka is complex of original wooden buildings - barns, which form unique Slovak cultural heritage. Barns are used for storing hay and straw all year round. Barns were built outside of the houses because of limitation of possible fires in the village.
Liptovska Teplicka is a beautiful place with its location suitable for a relaxing holidays for families with children or for lovers of mountains and nice spectacular views. In Liptovska Teplicka every tourist will find time for great holiday activities. The most suitable activities include:
- Visiting unique historical gems – potato-storing cellars, Stodoliste – wooden barns, Teplicka izba (room of Teplicka), originally furnished cottage of Teplicky dom (House of Teplicka), baroque church
- Annual Folk Festival which takes place the first weekend in August
- Walking around the village and see terraced fields
- Hiking in surrounding mountains
- Cycling through valleys and meadows
- Or just picking mushrooms in surrounding forests
Short summary of skiing opportunities in Slovakia:
There are 125 ski resorts in Slovakia which includes 473,5 km of the skiing slopes.
The ski resorts in Slovakia reach up to altitude 2190 meters above sea level.
Ski resorts in Slovakia offer 533 modern ski lifts.